Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Could it possibly be this long?

Sigh - oh, the days fly by. I can't believe it's been nigh on two and a half weeks since my last posting. I was going to write a posting concering the shooting at Virginia Tech, and I started one, but I had to go back to work, so I saved it in my drafts. Alas, I feel the moment has now passed, and I'll sum up with: I don't know the answer. But I agree with more gun control; not elimination, but control. And, most certainly, better education throughout society; and more responsibility as a society to aid and care for our sick, which includes the mentally ill.

But, that's not the point of this post. The point is - I don't know what. I think it has to do with me being a bit melancholy. Perhaps I'll turn this into a sort of "stream of conscious" article, and just write what I feel, right now. We're going to go see Spider-Man 3 tonight. I'm excited, but wary - it hasn't received good reviews at all, which is shocking, considering the same cast, same director, etc. And I love Sam Raimi, and I love all the characters involved, but - we shall see.

Also, I miss Korea. BOY, do I miss Korea. I've been perusing some other people's blogs that are teaching there right now, and it just makes me yearn for the experience again that much more. And, it also solidifies my resolve to return, and supports my notion that we are doing the correct thing. Going back to asia, to Korea, is exactly what we need to be doing now. It's in our blood, it's in our memories, and it's darn near in our daily thoughts. Actually, take out "darn" - I assure you, I think of, remember fondly, and ponder Korea on a daily basis. There will be many more posts concering this new sojourn, I promise, but for now, rest comfortably knowing that this journey will not be taken in vain. Again, the Morning Calm will welcome us as guiders and educators, as we explore the land anew, and mentor our little children, so they may grow up learning English, and the importance of the song "Happy Days". :-)

Cheers! Ah, the writing posts are beginning to flow again - thank goodness for small miracles.

No comments: